Wednesday 1 August 2012

[Beauty Review] Mentholatum Lip Pure Lip Balm & Lip Gel

Mentholatum Lip Pure

Lip Balm Fragrance Free & Lip Gel Honey Lemon


  1. Do you suffer from dry lips, or scale-lish lips that look like this?
  2. Or, do you suffer from having to reapply lipstick countless of time and it still doesn't look smooth and give off the sticky thick feeling despite how great the brand was raved?
  3. Are your lips dull in colour and moisture that when you touch it, you can feel the flakiness?
Hello you there, so recently I received these two tubes of goodness from Mentholatum with regards to their new product launches! They are the Lip Balm & Lip Gel Honey Lemon

Well, Look no further! 

Introducing Mentholatum new product range an All Natural Lip-luscious Moisturizing Goodness! Lip Pure contains no preservatives and colorants. It is made from 100% food grade natural ingredients and it is safe even for people with sensitive lips!

Formulated with a gentle beeswax formulation, you are on your way to soft, supple and healthy lips with Lip Pure as it is suitable even for very sensitive skin. Beeswax has emollient, soothing and softening properties and helps the skin to retain moisture as it provides a soft, flexible coating that is water resistant.

Mentholatum Lip Pure comes in 3 variants: Orange, Fragrance Free and Honey Lemon (Lip Gel).






 

Giving the product a sniff sniff!




How it feels like:
For the lip balm, I only started by using it at night, before I sleep, it is one of the advices given by Larry Yeo, Makeup Artist on the Shiseido Red Lips event that I went to previously. It is especially useful for people who always like to bite or use their tongue to moisturise their lips. Please stop doing that, cause I have been doing that for a while, and my lips are getting drier with each passing day!

So, upon application, the lip balm gives a lightweight, velvety feeling, not too oily, but just right with the right gloss. I guess you can use it to set as a base for your lips (if they have many fine lines and cracked) before you apply your lipstick, so that it stays longer!

As for the Lip Gel, what I really like, wasn't exactly the texture but the smell was so sweet! So honey-li-cious! You just can't resist. I let Lion had a try of the gloss this morning and he too said the smell was totally awesome! Its like having honey on your lips all the time! Imagine when you kiss your partner, they will forget about the stickiness from the gel (which doesn't apply in this case) and just say "eh why your lips so sweet!" 

Girls, take that as a compliment. It isn't too overpowering or pungent at all! 
 
If you ask me to choose between the two...

My Choice? The Honey Lemon!



Go down to the nearest Watsons, Guardian, Fairprice and all major supermarket and department stores today to grab yours! Its only $7.90!! (:

And, yes, I had my hair done in a darker shade and with a combination of Balayage & Ombre Highlights. I'm so falling in love me my Magenta ends. If you're wondering where I had them done, its at Salon Vim @ 313 by John!

Till then

xx
Andrea



No comments:

Post a Comment