Monday 22 October 2012

[Beauty Review] Rimmel London - Glam 'Eyes Eyeshadow

Hello my beauty readers

I was google-ing the other day to see how this season Autumn/Winter 2012 (or the Fall 2012) looks were like. I guess VANITYTROVE did do their homework, and the eyeshadow quad that came along my September Trove is a definite must have in all of our makeup pouches this Fall 2012.

Introducing Rimmel London Glam'Eyes Eyeshadow Quad

Glam'Eyes and gorgeous - now's the time to start having fun with your eyes. Rimmel have made eyeshadow more exciting with their powerful silken powder formula that glides onto eyes smoothly and blends effortlessly. Your perfect shade will last as long as you can, neither creasing nor fading, making it the perfect long-wear eyeshadow

Experiment and get playful with 49 London inspired colours. And for an extra bonus, we've joined forces with our international make up artist Liz Pugh to put together an at-a-glance professional application advice piece developed for each individual shade. So with all that expertise literally at your fingertips, it's impossible to go wrong.

Picture adapted from Rimmel London

What I received in my trove, is what I believe as Shade 2 (Smokey Brun), usually, these colours accentuates blue eyes more than Asian Eyes. I must admit that it takes a lot of skills (which I have yet mastered) to be able to apply these shades on our eyelids. Otherwise, we would either look very dull (due to the contrast with our fair skin) at our eye area, or just look like a panda or someone who has very very very bad dark circles. So make sure you trial and error several times before strutting the look off the street.

What I noticed about the Rimmel shadow is that it has a very smooth texture, and it doesn't have huge speckles of sparkle in it, which I do appreciate, as most eyeshadow now comes with a lot of shimmer. I'm not saying I don't like the shimmer, but sometimes, too much for a day look, will just look... Too Much? On another plus side, this eyeshadow pigments are really strong, they don't oxidise that quickly as compared to other eyeshadows that I own. So thumbs UP for that! ( :  ( :



Anyways, I went on to start google about the latest Fall Look for 2012, and here are some of the looks which I think are pretty, and which most Asians/Singaporeans wouldn't have a problem carrying it off.

"Classic red lips were everywhere on the autumn/winter 2012 catwalks" - ElleUK 

Following this, I attended the Red Lip Event for Shiseido the other day with Juvena, and we had a go at the new lippylove called - Shiseido Lacquer Rouge, it is available at $43 from all Shiseido counters. I'm honestly considering to purchasing it, but perhaps when there is a 20% SALE. I'm not really a huge fan of red lippys, but the service I received during the event was so commendable. I'm just waiting for the TANGS@Orchard to be opened, so that I can go look for the makeup artist who taught me how to shape my lips properly (you'll see it in the video)

Ok, the Fall 2012 - Autumn/Winter Look


Chanel
Dior
Jill Stuart
Roberto Cavalli
Jill Stuart - I'm in love with the blue mascara!
Dramatic Eye Look - I love how the entire look come across, so clean and sharp.
It looks like a Sally Hansen ad to me.
I would really love to do a follow up on this post, but it has been sitting here since forever! I won't be doing any tutorials for the time being using videos as my laptop is having some problem acknowledging my video format (which pisses me off a lot!)

So I guess, I'll leave it till when my bank account grows and I get a new lappy!

xoxo
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment