Monday 15 October 2012

[Travelogue] 2D1N Johor Bahru: KSL Resort Hotel + Legoland Malaysia

Hello there lovelies!

So over the weekend, monster and I decided that we should get a short weekend trip. And since the place that we were going were almost everywhere in the ads recently, we thought to ourselves "how could we possibly miss it?"

Or more like, "I WANT TO GO LEH" (LEH-GO-LAND). Hahaha. So instead of getting a deal off deals.com.sg and etc, I decided to do it my way, and also use up my points that i chalked up with agoda.com. Yep, and we made a booking with agoda.com and landed ourselves on a friday night, after almost 1 hour of jam at the custom in KSL Resort Hotel for $80sgd (actual price $94 + taxes). 


Superior King, 15th Floor, Smoking Room (asked for a non smoking, but they only had a queen + single which wasn't what we wanted, but thankfully the room didn't smell of smoke)


In the middle of the night, I think there was a problem with the aircon no matter how hard we tried to adjust the temperature, it kept staying at 24 - 25 degrees




I think they should offer me conditioner. I don't think most of us would need the body lotion?




the water flow was good, but the hot water wasn't hot enough for my preference.
The booking also came with complimentary breakfast for ourselves. Unlike what other reviewers said, I think the breakfast was rather ok? I wasn't expecting a lot, cause I'm not really a breakfast person, but when we went there, at about 9.50am, the restaurant wasn't very pack and the waiters were all efficient in guiding us in and clearing our plates.













So right after we were done with breakfast. We went to process our check out, collect his car. Oh, if you're driving, I strongly advise valet parking. But one thing to note is that it is 20MYR per entry, per day. So lets say if you were going to check in, you pay 20MYR, after that, you drive out and come back again, that requires another 20MYR. But we managed to pay just 25MYR for doing that. Just learn to be nice (: 



After an almost 30 minutes drive


Queuing for our tickets. To my surprise, so many people were buying annual passes, I dont know for what, but I had 30% off my actual tickets, so for two, we paid $196 MYR
 So the bottom few are some of the significant art pieces that I saw, and thought was picture worthy...










Overall, I would say that Legoland was just a place for you and your family to take photos. It was more like an exhibition of what all the great builders of these legobricks have achieved. Maybe when the whole water theme park and the hotel has been completed, then would I decide to go over and have a look at the place again. 

There were only a few rides that were available, and they are all very child-friendly. I didn't take any because, I'm not really a rides person plus the fact that they didn't look interesting. I really feel that, honestly, that USS is wayyyyy better. I mean, I did take the rides in USS, and not just once (I have yet taken the battlestar and transformers ride), but that being said, you should roughly know the comparison already.

So yes, I will still say, wait till the entire place has finished all its constructions and that the highway has better signs and posters to lead the way, then maybe, you can consider going. But better to follow a tour bus, than to drive up, cause it can be rather tiring. Especially when you're new to the place. 

Drop me a comment if you have any questions about the place! 

xx
Andrea

1 comment:

  1. Though I am far away from legoland malaysia yet I can drive map from singapore to legoland malaysia .No doubt it's a fabulous place to visit with children and adults, those who could not enjoy legoland malaysia opening ceremony, must give it a try to build their own legoland malaysia photo gallery.
    For a limited time period, one can enjoy upto 30% off on legoland malaysia. For comfort,
    legoland malaysia map and legoland malaysia location
    both are easy to understand....

    Cheers


    ReplyDelete