Saturday 1 March 2014

Preparing for a Beach Holiday!


Hello Hello!

Excited much that my next vacation is just a week away! Can't wait to land my feet on the white beach that has been raved by so many! Can't wait to have many FIRST TIME(s) on the trip as well! 

Where am I heading to? You would definitely find out soon!

But first, I'm just gonna share about what I usually do on most holidays. xD

 GOOGLE
Maybe it is just me. Previously, when I traveled alone, I told myself I need to be prepared, to know what is going to happen, to at least have a look and feel of what it will be like when I land. I know, some may find this a mood killer, but to me, it is important. I feel much more safe that I know what to do when something doesn't go right. Honestly, I think it is also a great thing to keep in mind when we plan our holidays especially when it comes to solo-traveling! 

And speaking of solo-traveling, I am also planning another solo trip to visit my BEST FRIEND in Sea World, Gold Coast. Can you guess who?

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS.

MONITOR EXCHANGE RATES
I am not sure about you, but when I plan my vacation, I try to monitor the exchange rates. There are times I feel like stabbing myself for the high exchange rates that I impulsively exchanged my SGD for and there are times I count my blessings for having good exchange rates. Currently, the exchange rate for where I'm heading to is pretty stable. Gonna wait till next week, then I will change it. Don't feel safe carrying too much money around. 

Speaking of which, I think I should get a separate account for online transactions. Just in case you know? So many fraud cases still happening despite better education now. Must people really cheat and lie to get a living? Shrugs.


PACKING
Ugh! I hate packing and thinking ahead of what to wear 99% of the time. This time, what is worse is that I'm flying budget - TigerAirways without any baggage add on(s). Thus, all I am entitled to is 10kg. But I tell myself, I cannot exceed even 5kg before reaching there. I may or may not come back with more items! Yikes. Hate this feeling of feeling restricted. 

So... here's my beach packing list!
  • SUN SCREEN x 2 (one for face, one for body at least SPF 130++)
  • Toiletries - cannot forget hair conditioner & my baby powder
  • 2 Copies of the Itinerary - one in my tiny bag, another in my luggage. 
  • 3 pieces of swim wear 
  • 4 set of clothing (including sleeping wear)
  • Toothbrush + Tooth Paste
  • and most importantly - My makeup bag of all things waterproof! + a good makeup remover
  • Wet Wipes + Tissues x 4
  • Band-Aids and my first aid kid (filled with painkillers, anti inflammatory, diarrhea pills, motion sickness pills)
  • A book (maybe. otherwise I will be very bored when Hong goes to tan) 

I think I'm gonna keep the makeup on my face really light. Need to go look for a really really really good waterproof eyeliner and mascara! Think I'm gonna just try K-Palette! But seriously, with the above packing list, does it not look like I have hit 10kg already? Sigh. Don't know how I survived with 7kg the last time I went to KL. Haha! But it's ok. I'll make Hong bring less, so I can bring more! 


PLANNING ITINERARY
Ok! Now, this is the most important part and the part where I have a love-hate relationship with. 

You see, it is always good to plan your own itinerary when you travel alone. Just set a list of to-do-list and based on your own mood on that very day, do what you feel like doing. Check the list and then repeat. You just become so... free. No one will say "I want to sleep in more, 5 more minutes, Hey Hurry Up, Faster, Let's Go". Always found that extremely irritating. Like hello? It is my HOLIDAY also you know.

But this time round, it is different, I have Hong with me, so...I have another person's thoughts and habits to take into consideration before making a decision. But we will definitely have a jolly time. I have a trained diver with me.  

No fear water sports! 
No fear (my ass)


We have two activities lined up for our 4D3N. Two of which I have never done before and have always been excited to try. So... that's that. Apart from that, I also made a list of things to do and see and try while we are still there. Making full use of our time. Given that this is the first time I am actually on a real beach holiday, I want to make use of my time like how I do when I am shopping in BKK!

Point Aside, Hong can we go bangkok too?  :D

I know this is rather abrupt, but I guess that's all I have for preparing for a Beach Holiday!

xoxo
Andrea


No comments:

Post a Comment