Monday 13 February 2012

Movie Review: The Descendants

I thought I should do the movie a little bit of justice by writing a review on it.

Prior to my previous post, after the Nando's Hot Peri Peri Victory party, I went to meet my boyfriend for our weekend date.

While waiting for my king to arrive, I went along to book the tickets for The Descendants. The night before, I was contemplating, if it was the kind of movie that I would want to watch over the weekend. I mean, I honestly prefer movies that keeps me entertained and laugh at their funny jokes - in short, comedy.

So we were contemplating among Chronicles & The Descendants. But since sooooooo many people never watch The Descendants, and people who watched Chronicles told me that the movie was not so good, I decided to go along and watch it! So tickets booked, and we are all ready for the movie.



As usual, my king enjoys being late to do everything, so we missed the front part of the show around 5-10minutes

Movie Review:  I guess this movie came a little unexpected. Before the show, I went to google about it, and read the "summary" on Wikipedia. But nope, even wikipedia can't explain the emotions that gets brought about when you're watching this flick.

So the plot sets in Hawaii, where George Clooney and his two daughter, Scottie and Alexander (sibei pretty).

Her body damn nice for a 20-yr-old please.


When George Clooney had to break the news to her elder daughter (alex), that they had to remove all machines off her mother who is hospitalise, she was in the pool. This was one of the most memorable scene

With one deep breath, she let it all out, tearing it out in the pool, trying to act ignorant about the situation before. Wow seriously. wow.

So the story later revealed more of what happened, and how George Clooney went around to inform their close friends and family. Discovering how his wife cheated on him, how he got blamed for being the one who neglected his wife, but he couldn't argue or didn't bear to, cause it was all coming an end.

I thought it was a well-thought story. Its a story that I would never thought would happen in real life. But yes, it does.  I don't know if we have such a "will" issued in Singapore that are lawful. In the movie, there was this part, where the wife had pre-made a will that states that in any case that she was in a coma for a certain period of time, she would not want to prolong her life, and would want to end everyone's misery.

A great act indeed, but honestly, if you were her... what would you do?

I think everyone should take the opportunity to catch the film soon before they remove it from the screen and you have to buy the DVD. Its worth your every penny, and I believe it had touched the hearts of many humans. (so many awards - give like free only)

My ratings: 4.5/5 Popcorns!

xx
VLV

No comments:

Post a Comment