Wednesday 4 April 2012

[Events] It was a crazy Saturday

Hello you! I had a tons of event to participate in last Saturday, and I think I am entitled to say that I have almost covered the entire Singapore. It was crazy. Here are the snippets to the events. 

If you want to see more, you can head on over to VLV's Facebook Page HERE
  1. Maybelline Mini Get Together Session at Social Haus!
  2. Quiksilver & Roxy - Roxy Girl Challenge + 1 year anniversary
  3.  Paul Smith Mini Launch Party
  4. 8 Days Pet 'N' The City event 

Maybelline Mini Get Together Session at Social Haus!
Date: 31 March 2012 (Saturday)
Time: 11am-1pm
Venue: Social Haus
Address: 11 Yong Siak Street

Much apologies, I didn't take many photos for this event cause I only reached there at like 12pm. -.- DAMN THE CABS. 

my decade old friendship!

KayKay was the host of the day



Ok, I finally got the shade in 01! I will try this on soon, and I intend to give away the BB Cream in shade 02, cause its just tooooooo dark for me. No worries, I only squeeze like a small circle to try. 

Event Review: Well, it was a get-together session to know more about how the consumers felt about Maybelline products. I would say that Maybelline have positioned itself quite well, and clear cut enough to almost 80% of the girls sitting in that room the other day. Some of the most raved products are the Mascaras as well as the gel liners.  

But for me, I would say that the Mascaras and eye shadow are probably one of the best that I have ever used. Even when compared with super high end brand. 

It was a pretty cosy environment over at Social Haus, where a section of the cafe of designated for this session. I did ordered a cup of hot chocolate, and boy I would definitely return just for the hot chocolate. Cause it is really made of Cocoa powder, not milo. I don't know if you readers can differentiate, but I can. Good quality Cocoa Powder and lower grade Cocoa powder makes a lot of difference in your Hot Chocolate Drink ok!


Quiksilver & Roxy - Roxy Girl Challenge + 1 year anniversary
Date: 31 March 2012
Time: 3pm – 7pm
Venue: Quiksilver & Roxy Orchard Central Flagship store

After which, Juvena sent me a whatsapp and informed me about an event held at Orchard Central and since I had some time between the Maybelline event to the next Paul Smith one, I thought why not? I ended up, landing in a queue for like..... 1.5hours (FRIGGING CRAZY). The queue was for a makeover by Maybelline (again), taking shots at the photobooth and getting your goodie bag and DIY-ing you very own friendship band. They were looking for the new ROXY girl, and obviously, I'm not a surfer, so immediately I strike myself off the "can be list".



You probably want to know what's inside those goodie bags right? Do you know blogger takes very long to upload photos? But its ok, for you readers, I shall load it up, in a collage. 


Event Review: Well, because the queue was so long, and no one knew whether they were the first 300 who arrived to get the goodie bag and be entitled to the discounts, people in the line were getting pretty frustrated. There were some "mothers" in front of me, and it is oblivious that they are queuing to just get the goodie bag. So they approached the staff and ranted about the long wait blah blah blah (which I thank them for, cause I was rushing to the next event, but don't want to waste my efforts queuing). So the queue did quicken a little and yep, I got my NYLONSG Magazine in the end. Took a few flips, and closed it back. It is those kind of magazine that you wanna read before you fall asleep, so you can imagine yourself in many many fanciful wears!

Overall, I would say that the party was a pretty good success, I believe they manage to get more people to sign up for their "next roxy girl" thing and yep! Great goodie bags! My mum is still figuring out how to chain the beads together, and ... I just cannot be bothered with. NO TIME!


Paul Smith Mini Launch Party
Date: 31 March 2012
Time: 3pm – 6.30pm
Venue: 02-24 Paul Smith, Hilton Hotel Singapore 238883
So right after I collected my stuff from the above event, I immediately went to take the bus to Hilton Hotel, had to walk quite a distance, and it was super tough because of my broken toe nail on Friday. It was horrific. Blood, and half chipped nails. Not a pleasant sight!
I was super late, I reached the place at 5pm, and... Was greeted by this beautiful sight!

Look! So colourful, so chio. Who wouldn't want to take a ride in it isn't it? They should have let passengers "fake drive" in it.. then... it would look something like this.




SO CUTE PLEASE!

You can view more of the collection HERE
8 Days Pet 'N' The City event
Date: 31 March 2012
Time: 5.30pm – 8.30pm
Venue:  The Promontory @ Marina Bay

Argh! Finally! I was so frustrated at the end of the day. Took a cab down to The Promontory, and it was my first time there. Was so tired, that I handled the entire camera to Pei En and asked her to help me take nice shots so I could blog and share with you guys. 



Event Review: Because it was raining in the morning, so the grass patches were all wet and muddy. I refuse to let my dogs go near the grass patch as I don't want them to end up with bacteria/ticks/fleas infestation. I mean, yes I do bathe them when they get home and all, and put frontline to go against the bugs, but just precautionary. But the event was rather a success. 

There were goodie bags up for grab as well. I didn't get a picture of the goodie bag but they included the following:
  • AVA guide to keeping a pet book with a file and stickers for the kids
  • Royal Canin Dog Bowl
  • Royal Canin Umbrella (uber big I love)
  • Royal Canin Cup
  • A bottle of Mineral water
  • Royal Canin Frisbee
  • Some random plastic bag for their poopoo
And if you were guessing, where the hell are my dogs... 

RAY RAY a.k.a AH PUI
Miko - A.K.A Monster baby!
Ok, I'll blog about their characters one day, then you will know why they have these nicknames. I mean, they do react to both names stated above, but yep, they are both shihtzu with very different characters. 

I'm wayyyy tired. That's all my dear(s). Hope you guys enjoyed these posts cause the effort went behind each is incredible. 

Maybe I should just land myself in an event job hor?

You say what?

xx
VLV


1 comment: