Thursday 19 July 2012

[FOOD REVIEW] CHO-CO-LATE FANATICS <--- Must Read

Yes you hear me right. If you're a chocolate fanatic like myself, you'll definitely head on down to this place that I'm sooooooooo recommending anyone to go!

You know how Singaporeans ourselves enjoy Buffets right, well maybe not all of you, but at least I do, to a certain extent. It makes me happy. Doesn't eating makes you happy too? and.. when I mentioned CHOCOLATE BUFFET to people, the first impression I got was "Is there such a thing?". Well, now let me tell you, there is there is!

It is like a combination of two worlds together. Unlike the mundane Seafood buffet or international buffet we usually patronise, this is just 

CHOCOLATE and BUFFET!

Forget about the calories intake and let loose to enjoy these goodies. A great way to escape from the stressful routinize life that we all live in.

First up, photos!
different types of sugar available - Equal, brown, raw, white
couldn't resist a cup of TWG, isn't the best, but the best combination to rid the bitterness/sweetness/everyotherflavour from the chocolates
Chocolate Kueh Lapis - Instead of the usual Kueh Lapis, this was coated with Chocolate and Baked in Chocolate Flavour. How to resist such combination. Its like FUSION. It "Fwah-ed" in my mouth!
The amount of selection was more than what my plate could fill. In this plate, I definitely have to rave the Earl Grey Ice Cream - it was a popping full of surprise with every mouthful. The whole bergamot was filling up every space in my mouth. Definitely worth another round! Gawdddd! (I love Earl Grey tea)  
Dip your own fondue with the donuts satay sticks and enjoy your macaroon!
Enjoy a strongly coated marshmallow with tangy chocolate in between, fruity berry tarts (super fresh berries really!!!), fresh watermelons and rock melons drizzled with chocolate and macadamia nuts
The Chocolate Lolipop! I didn't got to eat this, cause I was just tooooo full. 
Fine, it was my birthday lahhh. LOL. [but I didn't arrange this ah, it was suppose to be a surprise, which was kind of wrecked when I walked past it on the way back to the seat from the restroom. Poor Lion, all the efforts of surprise. tsk tsk tsk.]
So far, there are two chocolate buffet places available in Singapore, One at The Fullerton, the other at MBS, The Chocolate Bar. Did some prior reviews check on these two places and it was said that the one located at Fullerton Hotel has a better array of choices. But given the day when I went to The Chocolate Bar, I knew the money we paid was for the ambiance.

I didn't really take a lot of photos, because I was holding on to a pretty lousy camera, ok, not lousy, it just require a lot of flash and didn't work well on low lighting. 

Anyways, You can choose between sitting indoors or outdoors. There are two sides of the outdoor - facing the sky pool or the Gardens By the Bay. I sat indoors (:

And since we were at MBS, Lion decided to bring me to Gardens by The Bay to burn off the calories which we had before that. So, lucky us, got to catch the rehearsal (not the actual show) at what? 10pm-ish? I got it down on video, but pardon the language. That's just me - Original. 


THE CHOCOLATE BAR
The Club at Marina Bay Sands, Sands SkyPark (Level 57, Hotel Tower 2)
Opens Daily 8pm to 12am
S$38++ per person ($54++ per person, including a glass of champagne)
6688 8858 

Hope you guys enjoy this yummylicious treat too! (:

xx
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment