Friday 20 July 2012

[Travelogue] Amazing Australia - Sydney [2]

Day 2 - Sydney

#oftd
Pancakes with Poached Pears at Zinc Cafe

So what I had planned for myself on my 2nd day was to Visit Taronga Zoo!


Figured out the way to the place, had to transport between two different train routes and ferry to reach the zoo. The weather was abit choppy that day, there was sun, but dark clouds forming, and it was the first time I stood so close to the harbour bridge, and this was kinda like my first photo...

Once again, my breath got caught by the amazing scenic view. Despite the dark clouds, the picture spoke a million of how at that very moment, I had felt. Just amazing.

And through the ferry ride, I had arrived at Taronga Zoo! 

Obviously, the first encounter I visited was...

Snooozzzeee

and for the first time in my life, not even in Singapore Zoo, I witnessed Giraffes actual height. GOD DAMN TALL.

Even their coat are so beautiful from afar. I can't even explain the joy. But there were just two Giraffes
And for the first time, I saw a real meerkat! Chilling out in the sun.
John from Salon Vim @ 313 Highlighted my hair red before I left.
Kids Lunch - AUD 10
This bird and its allies, stoop up to my table and poke every fries I was left with, I just sat there and stared while it took every last fries I had. Oh well. Didn't want to fight it, but in my heart, I was saying, you're gonna die of a heart attack with that amount of oil.
And as the clouds started to gather even more, the wind got cooler and breeier. Poor me had an umbrella which I didn't used and was braving the cold back to the ferry port. Had to wait so damn bloody long for the ferry to arrive. And it was extremely cold. I was looking for a place to avoid the strong current and winds from the sea. Waited for almost 20 minutes. Hot chocolate couldn't even cure the cold. Gosh! 

After which, I decided to venture to Westfield Sydney as it was still pretty early, around 4pm (SYD). So I took the train, alighted at St James station, walked straight out of the tunnel and tadah, the whole stretch of shopping heaven right in front of me! There were several familiar brands at Westfield Sydney, they have different parts of the mall, and me coming from a mall industry, it is so different. The customer service there isn't as good as I thought it would be, neither is ours in Singapore, but they had tablets easily available for shoppers to use. It looked a lot like Ion Orchard, especially the miu miu store located at a distinctive corner of the mall. You can find Cotton On, Rubi, a lot of sales, on Zara and etc. Obviously I had to visit....

Dinner at a Jap Restaurant - Had to have rice with Kings Prawn, Couldn't possibly miss it. And they taste so damn delicious, I can still remember the taste of it. Will try to replicate it one day, if I do  have the time to do so! Would be very very very interesting overall! (: AUD - 20



I don't know why, but I was feeling extremely hungry that day, that I even cooked this when I got back at the hotel at about 8 -9 pm ishhh.

Our maggie still taste a lot better
to end this post, these were my loots of the day!


Ok, watch this space for Day 3, 4 and 5. And I'll probly be able to do up a post on BANGKOK too! (:

xx
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment