Thursday 12 April 2012

[Food Review] Genkai Nada Japanese Restaurant

Genkai Nada Japanese Restaurant 
146 West Coast Way  Hong Leong Garden Shopping Centre, Singapore 127065
Opening Hours HERE

As I previously promised, here are the pictures and reviews of the food that was served at Genkai Nada Japanese Restaurant! 

The restaurant is ran by a friend of mine,Janice's, mum and godfather. It is a super authentic Japanese Restaurant that you can hardly find alot now, given the fact that the true authenticity of Japanese cuisine are slowly changing to suit the local palette. Everything came in 2 huge portions and we were all filled to our brims! Please forgive me with regards to the actual name of the product. Because.. I'm not born a nihonjin.
 
The Cold Plate
Fine, its called the Sashimi Plate - Salmon, Tuna, the Octopus thing and a few other fishies




Sashimi plate: What a generous amount was presented to the 10 of us when we reach the place, an amazing spread of different fishies, but the typical Singaporean me, only like Salmon among the entire spread. I mean, thankfully the rest of them do fancy the other seafood presented. Otherwise it would have gone to waste. Do you spot how thick the fishies are sliced? and how fresh they are? A serious point to note, especially when you are eating fishes raw. 


We were there to celebrate Janice's Birthday!
Salmon Belly Terriyaki sauce! (ah bi's favourite)

Review: The belly was well grilled to perfection. Crispy on the outside with a bit of "chao-tar" (burnt) appearance, and super soft on the inside. No fishy salmon smell at all! *thumbs up!*
DO YOU DARE?

I had no idea how this tasted like, but following the pictures below of Muneer, you will know why!
DAFUQQQQQQ
SAVE ME
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Pregnant Fishie
Again, I am not a big fan of this, so I didn't try it, But the fish just look like they were in shock when they get fried!


Agaedashi Tofu -- SUPER SHIOK
 
Agaedashi Tofu: A super must order before Chawanmushi. Ok, I have to admit this, I am not a Chawanmushi fan, but am totally a Agaedashi Tofu fan. I always like how the softness of the tofu welcomes you from the crispy skin on the outside. You can hear me crunch! I heard it was cooked with Terriyaki sauce too. 
 
Sibei ho jiak. It was kinda the last order, and we all had one, while Muneer had 5? When I turned around and wanted to have more I went "MUNEER, WHY YOU EAT ALL!" and he gave me this look 
 
I'm Innocent

Katsu

Not a huge fan once again, but I was so full I didn't put any in my mouth. But by the looks of it, you should know (:

Gyoza
 
Gyoza: They are wrapped during the sale of the Gyoza, promising freshness of products (this is like a japanese thing I suppose) and pan fried to golden brown. The sauce may look oily to dip in, but its because of the chilli. Not bad for me! I quite like it, a different twist (:

MUST TRY POTATO SALAD!

Potato Salad: This was a popular item among all 10 of us. We had to order another bowl. Previously, when I visited the restaurant, and had my first mouthful of this "god-sent" product, I knew I had to re-order again at the celebration and of course introduce this magnificent Potato salad to the friends of mine. Super Duper delicious. Please people, this potato salad is enough to drive you from Serangoon to West Coast ok!

And the secret recipe is ... Potato, Onion (white/brown) and Sugar + Mayonnaise.

Ebi Tempura

Ebi Tempura: Fresh fat fat fat prawns that were fried! Chewy, with the "diong diong diong" chew when you take your bite on it. Freshness #AsianLevel.

Soba Soba Soba

Soba: The Soba was a little not cold enough for me, but the sauce and all makes up for the not-cold of the product. Overall the noodles were springy, but not overly springy with a tad bit of softness to eat. Nice!

Edamame
Edamame: You can tell that they dont use the normal salt that we usually add to our dishes. They use sea salt, if I'm not wrong. A healthier choice for us Singaporean. Cooked to its perfection, place it in your mouth and slowly enjoy popping the seeds out of their wrap! Yummy. One of my Must-Order at Japanese restaurant. I prefer hot to cold. (:  

So overall, since this is my first Japanese restaurant, and not being bias at all, I'm rating them a 4.3/5. One of the many reasons, why I'm writing this, is not just to say Happy Birthday to a friend of mine, but for you readers to have a true authentic Japanese food experience in Singapore before it closes down in May 2012. I hope if you stay near by, you can pop by and enjoy these delicacies, before they are all gone, and you need a plane ticket. 

Still,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANICE LIM. (:

xx
VLV

No comments:

Post a Comment