Thursday 9 January 2014

Tough call, really tough.

Hello!

Hope everyone been doing well. I know there has been a new media platform - Dayre that logs your daily activities and it is probably slowly engulfing the rest of the media platform. But let's face it, there will always be greener grass apart from where you're standing. And I'm making a decision to stand firm.. here (:


Tough call, really tough call. 

Though it is clear to me what kind of life I want to lead, what kind of career I want to have and what kind of industry I would like to be in, there are still a lot of burning questions, a lot of doubts and issues that I wouldn't be able to grab hold of because... I'm turning 25 and time isn't waiting for me any more. 

Remember the days when your teacher asked you whether you would choose passion or money when it comes to your career in the future? I wonder what their answer was. People tell me I'm really lucky because I know what I want to do in terms of my career and I have my life planned out clearly for myself to achieve and unlock as I pass each phase. But what they don't know is how much I have gone through and how many thoughts I have rediscovered - my needs, my wants to know what I know today.

So the question is - Passion or money.

There is never both, but if you do get both, lucky you! 

See, so many contradicting articles online - Here, Here, & Here

 Quoting from one of the articles I read - 
What's more, often what makes people happy at work isn't that they're passionate about what they're doing, but rather that they have a sense of accomplishment or impact, or they enjoy the autonomy they're given, or they feel respected or useful. So a better goal than "follow your passion" is probably to do something that you're good at, that brings you a reasonable amount of satisfaction, and that earns you a living. And know that it's fine to save the things you're truly passionate about for outside of work, if that's how it happens to turn out.

and this.. is really good!



Ok lah, let's end this post here with a half laugh/half trying to jump/ just landed face of Hong and I. 

For you to burst into laughter after that serious topic (:

xoxo
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment