Wednesday 29 February 2012

(MOVIE) HUGO by BASH

HUGO by BASH (Blackberry & Starhub) & 8DAYS
VivoCity GoldClass 28th February 2012 7.30pm

I need to blog about this, because I'm afraid one day I'll forget about the things that happened in the movie. I mean, by far, the only flicks which I can remember, or recall vividly are The Notebook, Message in a Bottle, Moulin Rouge, Spice World (i think i watched this more than 10 times, from the old BIG records.. those before VCD were invented). The rest, are just flicks.

I went to the event with my boyfriend, whom you by now should know who exactly. We were there, all prep, with our hotdog bun, drinks and the chicken chop which I illegally "tao pao-ed". We assumed that the show was at 7.30pm, so we went in, sat at the concierge and waited for the movie. It was only awhile that we found out that they had an ongoing event. 

Ok.. actually, when I walked in, I saw Kronenbourg. Immediately, MY HEART FLEW HIGH UP. I cannot exclaimed how much I love BLANC. (This is not an Advertorial) But I really do LOVE Kro. Super nice to drink and easy on the throat. I mean, most girls concern is about the burp, but.. with Kro you don't need to worry! (:

I will elabourate on the event once BASH uploads the pictures taken yesterday. Smart me, forgotten to bring my camera along. So that sucked. If only I knew there was an event! ):

its quite an arty farty show,
Hugo was already shown in the States in 2011, being nominated for over 17 awards, and winning OSCAR Best Cinematography! (Wah I can spell!). So I had high expectation on the graphic of HUGO. No doubt the movie didn't disappoint me. If you're having any doubts about watching it, WIPE THEM OFF. It is a movie worth every 1cent coins you keep!. 

Set in 1931, Paris, the movie was on Brian Selznick's Novel - The Invention of Hugo Cabret, who lives alone in a railway station. The story unfolds about how Hugo observed the life of many others, how routine one life can get, and how in the past, people relied on clocks to tell them the time. (watches were pretty hefty then). He was just a 12-year-old boy who had lost his relatives, but was determined to fix automaton.

On and off the show, he stole to survive but was caught by a toy store owner named Georges Méliès (Papa George). When Papa George asked Hugo to empty his pocket, Hugo revealed a notebook that showed the methods to repair the automaton. After several "stalking adventure", Hugo was asked to learn magic tricks, how to fix things from Papa George. 

Hugo was looking for the last piece to make the automaton work, which was a heart-shaped key. 



After realising the heart-shaped key was with Papa George god daughter - Isabelle, they use the key to activate the automaton, it produces a drawing of a film scene. Hugo then remembered it is the first film he ever saw (Voyage to the Moon). 


They discovered that the drawing made by the automaton is signed with the name of Isabelle's godfather and took it to her home for an explanation.



The story later revealed why George decided to give up on his once glorious career and leave everything behind. It was like his youth was gone, and his dreams vanished with the war. They spoke about how they had to colour each of the film single handedly to make it appear with colours. Of course, the climax of the show was after this revelation. But.. if you want to know, Go catch it yourself! 

this part gave me the bumps. Seriously!
Hugo is on theatres since 23 February 2012. So better be sure you lock in those seats this weekend! (:   
 
Honestly, throughout the movie, I was thinking, THIS BOY WONT COLD ONE HOR? WINTER LEH. Wear so little. My office's aircon less than 21.5 Degree I already wrapped myself like a Ba zhang (rice dumpling)!

Remember ah. WATCH THIS #likeaboss, with Golden Village GoldClass.

Ratings: 5/5 Popcorns.

xx
VLV

No comments:

Post a Comment