Monday 9 April 2012

[Movies] American Pie Reunion & Mirror Mirror

Yes you got me right

Over the weekends, the boyfriend and I watched 2 movies. Both at shaw theatres. We were contemplating between "The Vow" <-- (which I think is a little over-raved, thus we hold super high expectation and the movie comes out as expected but lower than expectation, you get what I'm trying to say?)



Ok, so we were deciding between watching a funny movie or a romantic movie, and we decided to go with American Pie Reunion. With hopes that it is a funny movie, it turned out to be a pretty boring flick, as compared to the previous few renditions of the show. 

I don't know lah, but I don't think it was as funny, or hysterical as before, because the lead actors and actresses has all grown up and stuff, and us too, we've grown up too. So what's so "WAHHH" about a naked body or high school prank stuff? Everything just "mehhhh"

Then feeling a tad bit disappointed, I suggested that we should watch Mirror Mirror (a modern interpretation of Snow White).


I must say, the couture in the movie is so so so so so pretty. From the heads of the actors and actresses involved, regardless of what cast/role they got, it is just so beautifully exaggerated! Its like Spring & Summer screaming in your face, showing you what colours and pouffiness and the old English couture dresses can look like! Making it a mini "eye-treatment" to our eyes. 


Wow I will say. Super duper wow.  I think Lily Jane Collins, who plays Snow White will be receiving several movies after this hit. (But maybe she needs to trim her brows? cause they were sooo thick, but still gorgeous on her, cause she's damn fair). Julia Roberts is still as awesome as before, though this time round, her role is more towards the evil side, but I still think it is absolutely funny! "No, they are not wrinkles, just crinkles" <--burst into laughter.


I do wish that the movie was in 3D. Then the part where Julia Roberts get lifted from the water, will be just "fwahh".

The plot is mostly comedy and a good flick to watch during the weekends. Not really advisable for kids to watch though, cause... I think it would take them awhile to understand what the show is about. 

The recent trend of remaking old childhood bedtime stories is actually quite heart-warming in a way or another. Because when I was watching the show, pieces of itsy bitsy memory started to piece up one by one, reminding me about the snow-white storybook that I used to read when I was a lot younger. And now to watch it, is like "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED". 

I do really want to catch beauty and the beast though. I can only remember bits and pieces of it, and I don't really want to watch it in 3D, but just a normal new rendition of beauty and the beast? 

Oh oh oh, and I think the next movie to watch, which is of no-relevance with the bedtime story is "Sleeping Beauty"


Its quite an arty farty show, and I think its gonna be a rather interesting flick, which I obviously, would not catch it with the boyfriend. Cause the last time we watched "Extremely Loud Incredibly Close" someone fell asleep. 


So that's all I have for you today.

If you like authentic Japanese Food that is freshly sliced/diced/cooked/boiled/poached for you, and you wanna try the super delicious potato salad, stay tune, cause the next place I'll be recommending is Janice's mum restaurant which I visited last Saturday. They're closing down pretty soon in May, so yes, I will provide you guys with the loots by this weekend! (: So you can still try them!

xx
VLV

No comments:

Post a Comment