Monday 23 July 2012

[Travelogue] Amazing Australia - Sydney [3]

Day 3 - a cold cold night

On day 3, it wasn't anything special. I wanted to travel afar, but my feet just refuses to do so that day. So I decided tojust go shopping and see what are the things that were selling in the malls of Sydney. That included those shops that I passed by during my shuttle service from the Airport. 

I saw Country Road, French Connections etc etc at the windows, shouting "SALE". So I decided to head on down to the streets where Queen Victoria Building was to start purchasing. 

Had my breakfast at the Food Court located in one of the malls, I cannot really remember the name of the mall today (You see, my memory is kind of failing on me, quite a lot.). It was definitely always odd and funny to eat alone. But I guess the environment and all made it easier. People don't give you weird stares like they do in Singapore, or feel like you are hoarding the seats at the Food Court, which is plain ridiculous. I blame the lifestyle we have. 

Came across quite a few funny birthday cards, there are more of such quirky stuff available at their departmental stores, which was having a huge sale, but nope, I didn't buy them. Who in these days still sends out birthday cards? Not even e-cards for me. I guess birthdays nowadays just lack a lot of what we used to have in the past.

What happened to balloons? Surprise in the mailbox, A delivery man sending you gifts from your loved ones and etc? Maybe its just my birthday, and the people around me, whose birthday are just as... "a simple text would do". But why won't we admit that we miss such surprises? Maybe because these surprises, don't surprise us as we age. That a fancy dinner at a restaurant, a big carat around your finger would be much appreciated. Sigh - World.


I called in the night early that day, cause the weather was just too cold for me to handle. It was raining pretty heavily, and the wind were blowing so strongly, I just couldn't stand it, and only wanted to be in my room and cuddle up in that warm blanket with the heater right beside me. I don't really hate the cold, I mean, I do like it, but when it gets unbearable, I hate it. 

I walked to a nearby thai restaurant, and decided to order Tom Yum Soup & some Basil Pork something something. Well, despite the "foreign delicacies" post, I still like to eat Thai Food, just that now, I don't fancy it as much as I did before.
So I dropped by at another local supermarket, which was at the other end of the street and I bought a few snacks to bring it back to Singapore. Bought some jewellery and tops, which wasn't featured in this loot picture, but that was pretty much what I bought overall. The honeycomb bite is totally awesome, if you're going to Sydney or any parts of Australia, do look out for it.

Rumour has it that I'll be going Gold Coast this October! 

So watch this space for the remaining days in Sydney! (:

xx
Andrea


No comments:

Post a Comment