Tuesday 2 July 2013

ANNYEONGHASEYO - Hanwoori Korean Restaurant [Food Review]


#insertrandompicture Everyday At work, I face this bunch of cute buddies. that cheers me up on my boring days! #selfentertainment . Occasionally I would spin Patrick around, cause he's just so retarded and idiotic looking. Awww. I MISS MY NICKELODEON CHANNEL.

ANNYEONGHASEYO !!  
Ok, I can't believe I'm using that as my opening line. People close to me  should know that I'm never a huge fan of Korean food but I was introduced to this store because of my Secondary school class gathering the other day. 

If you're a fan, then I guess, you're in for a treat.

Alright, here's the FAQ questions (actually just 3 questions that have been frequently asked by friends) now..

Q: OMG! Andrea, its the korean craze phase now, why you no like Korean food!!
A:  I never like spicy Kimchi, always found things cold unattractive and... come'on where does Ginseng Chicken Soup have gotta stand when I have my trusty Herbal Chicken Soup that my mum boils on a bi-weekly basis (shiok-slurps). But hey! now that they have Korean bbq, I LOVEEEEE that! But that's just because it's bbq with no other cold dishes (I will skip them deliberately).

Q: Really? How about rice cake. They are the yummiest! 
A: Ewwww. No way please. I had tried my very first and very last rice cake when I was doing internship at Amara Building. And it was the worse thing I have ever tasted. In fact, I was exposed to Korean Food when I was over there. I had my first Korean meal in one of the restaurants at Amara Hotel but wasn't to my liking. Obviously I didn't know what to order too.. So... I stayed clear from Korean Food until the last time I tried the Korean BBQ and this.

Q: So you don't like anything Korean related?
A: Fact is, NOT TRUE. I do like Korean related stuff. I am not generally a crazy fan of much stuff that are usually trending. I don't see a purpose trying to look like a korean, or trying to learn their language, or be in the Super Junior, or whatever girls trend. I know of their existence. But that's all I know about them. But I do watch running man, once in a while, and I thought it was a really good show to follow especially when life is so stressed up! Whether I would visit Korea, is a good question - because it isn't on the top of my bucket list, but.. for the cheap & affordable cosmetic brand.. maybe I would.... But.. till the day North Korea decides not to read up on Hitler's Manual, then maybe I would give it a good thought.


CLICK FOR CLEARER VIEW
CLICK FOR BETTER VIEW
CLICK FOR BETTER VIEW
CLICK FOR BETTER VIEW
CLICK FOR BETTER VIEW
Honey Citrus Tea - This is what the 3 of us ordered in the end. It tasted a little bit funny at first, but the taste was adaptable. I apologise, but I was a bit sceptical with the food I was about to ingest.
Free flow of side dishes. You read me right! They have free-flow of side dishes for all main courses ordered. It does look little, but you can always request more rounds. Usually, when I see such "cold dishes" I would avoid, but I thought to myself, why not be a tad bit adventurous and give it a try. Fact is, the Kimchi was to my liking, and they had a apple salad mix which was good as well!
Sundubu Jjige - Spicy Soft Tofu Stew with Rice: This was what I had at the end of the day, flipping through the menu. I read it on someone's blog that it was a dish to try, and I wasn't really into seafood (like mussels and squids) so I thought this would be the best choice. The soup base is thicker and inside you can find Tofu of course, as well as golden straw mushroom, clams, prawn and kimchi vege. I loved it. Everyone loved my soup. So glad I chose the right dish! (:
Kimchi Jjige - Kimchi Stew with Rice <- this was what Lydia had. the ingredients found in the soup were similar to mine, except I think there weren't lots of tofu in it. The soup however tasted a lot different. It was lighter, slight sour-ish, and a bit spicier. So.. I guess it really depends on your taste buds!
Bibimbap! The generosity of ingredients doesn't it already make your tummy rumble rumble! Wanqi had a taste of this, and I took a mouthful to try. I love how the vegetable add a unique crunch to the dish! Way better that.. bibigo! 

I would say.. this is 3/4 of our class! (: Oh, yes, they have a rather large sitting area, so if you're organising a budget good-to-hang-around place for dinner, this is the place to be!

That's Wanqi in Green and Lydia in Yellow .We were like a pop of coulour all together. Loved how pop-ish we were! Hee. BUT still, I really cannot express HOW FLAT MY HAIR IS. SERIOUSLY - HAIR VOLUMNISE YOURSELF ABIT LEH!

Hanwoori Korean Restaurant
76 Serangoon Garden Way
(it is opposite UOB bank and at the stretch where dessert story is)
Reservations - 62836339 



Dangsin-Eulbogo! Joh-Eun Halu Doeseyo!


키스
안드레아 (according to googletranslator, this means that should be my korean name)

No comments:

Post a Comment