Tuesday 19 August 2014

Travelogue ∞ Gold Coast (Day 3 & 4)

Yes.

I am finally back here to write about Gold Coast Day 3 & 4. Well, Day 3 was Hong's Birthday. Initially, we wanted to do tandem skydive together on his birthday. But I chicken-out due to many many reasons and that made Hong postpone to Day 4. Ok, but nobody needs to know the many reasons. What is important was, we also brought ourselves to many many heights!



 WE TOOK THE HOT AIR BALLOON!
 
I tell you, it was FREEZING COLD. Really really really really really cold. I was shivering like crazy and so was Hong. I wore a spaghetti top, denim shirt, rather thick stockings, my skirt with double layer, boots and a winter jacket meant for 15degrees. IT WASN'T ENOUGH AT ALL.

I was ..... brrrrrrrrrrrrrr. You could see the hot air breath coming out as we spoke to each other. Ok, I don't know what you call that. But it was all worth it. Though half way up, I was concerned about our safety and whether the birds would fly towards us - blindly.




But the view, took all that fear away. It was breath-taking. It was... I don't even know how to describe. It felt like heaven. So so so so pretty!!! You could see the mist above the trees, the way the sun lit through the mountains and shone across the water.

Just.. nature at its best.

I think I bought the 30minutes Hot Air Balloon Experience (cause I would think I'll get bored of the scenery pretty soon), but I guess we were up there for more than 30 minutes. We probably went all the way up to like 4,000ft - 5,000ft. It was... magnificent.

Don't judge. We woke up at 4am for this ok. That's like 2am SG time


Yep! and we.... landed safely

Couldn't miss a classic photo moment.

Part of our package, included transfers, 30 minutes air time, and a champagne breakfast. I mean, what more can you expect. The food was so so so good, so fresh and such a delish! But the champagne... was.. well let's just say, you can't be picky if you are getting it as a complimentary drink!

Right after our awesome meal, we went to take a stroll around the vineyard. It was really calming and a lot of pretty. Of course we took the opportunity to take a lot of cover photo worth shot. Which I recommend to everyone. Oh yes, we used the selfie pod and snug it to my LX5. Which caught quite a lot of stares. I think its an Asian thing. Cause our mouths are made of gold, we won't speak and ask for others to take shameless #wefies for us.



Cool or what.

After that, off we were back to our hotel to freshen up (about 1130), before we left hurriedly to Sea World again.. because I missed the Spongebob Parade the day before. Aiya. I don't even want to blog about it. Cause I am really angry at myself for misreading the T&C on the ticket. Ended up we had to pay extra 180AUD for 2 of us, (that's 200SGD you know, I can buy many dresses on taobao), just to satisfy my Spongebob addiction. Then, the parade was SO LOUSY, I would rather use that 180AUD to subscribe to Starhub for Nickelodeon. It was really lousy.

---Note to self, always YOUTUBE it before paying. Just wished my research-y part of my brain was working that day. But I think I was too occupied blaming myself for misreading the ticket T&C. #SIGHPIE.

But Hong was really sweet to offer to pay. Which I appreciate and do not appreciate, because after that, he used it to negotiate for his own addiction (lesson learnt).

So feeling really lousy about the whole thing... we decided to go to Harbourtown.

I think we went kinda bananas at Harbourtown because THERE WERE SO MANY GREAT DEALS (for guys). I went to their Supre and other stores that were retailing female clothes, to many many disappointment. But when I stepped into Forever New, it was a completely separate story. Things were going at like 40% + 10% off or even better!

I tell you, so worth my air tickets. I stepped in and every floral piece was calling my name. I also went a little cray cray in aussie. I bought a total of 6 pairs of shoes (x1 sandal, x1 slipper, x2 pumps, x1 flat, 1 boots). I think my feet lives in Aussie. I had no issue with the size or even the quality. And they were definitely great buys. So happy!

After which.......

We decided to head on to Surfers Paradise...



Can't really recall the details after this, but we went to have dinner at KooKoo Teppanyaki & Lounge Bar at Surfers Paradise, just a few stores after La Rustica!

I think I chose the right place to celebrate Hong's birthday because it was a fantastic experience at KooKoo. 

Food were excellent and the chef was... AMAZEBALLS. 

10 AUD each cocktails. Mine was really good. It was the one with all the berries. While Hong's one was the pineapple one which wasn't that fantastic.
Ok I am damn fed up with this computer and blogspot now. Because they are not allowing me to add photos for this entry. Tmd. 


Yup and while we were walking around, we chanced upon this shooting place right beside Timezone. I told Hong to give it a try, since we can't do it in Singapore, unless you are part of the military something. I didn't want to learn how to fire or try any of the available pistols. Cause... I am not that kind of violent. I think guns are evil.

I mean, it was pretty expensive also. 2 rounds for 80 AUD. I thought the birthday boy should have his own shots and I should just, be the woman behind his back, supporting him - like always. HAHAHA. According to Hong, the recoil was really strong? Cause its a pretty old-fashion gun that the cowboys back then would use. Haha. He scored very well also he hit a bulleyes!

And that marks the end of our night & Hong's celebration!

I can't be bothered to blog about Day 4 yet. Because this blogger is giving me so much problem with the photos that I want to upload. 

So next post then!

xoxo
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment