Friday 30 March 2012

[Food Review] Thai Food Restaurant @ Ubi

[Food Review] Thai Food Restaurant 
Blk 301 Ubi Ave 1 #01-273
Opens daily, 11 am - 9 pm. (Wednesday and Saturday opens at 1 - 2pm)

Hello my dear VLV viewers. Remember I was talking about this Thai Food place that one cannot miss in their life in Singapore? Well, here it is! This is the place that I have been raving about to all of my friends. Problem is, I didn't know where the exact location was.

I was introduced by my ex-boyfriend family about this place, and we visited it quite often. At least twice a month. The food used to be cooked by the Thai Chef, who flew in from Bangkok to assist the two old couple/owner to do the chef duties. Food was really authentic to the max!

So this time round, when I went back with a friend of mine, Janice, I was a bit disappointed. Maybe because all these while I have had a certain expectation from the store, but now... not really that high up. Probably a 4/5 now [sad face].

This store is being managed by an old couple, who lives right upstairs. The uncle who I interviewed in Hokkien was 82 this year, and his wife, 72! It is practically amazing to know that someone who is your grandpa's age is able to manage a restaurant, on a daily basis. I did check with them about their rental and wow, it cost $5000 for a shop, and a unit above. That's pretty hefty, considering the price that they sell their products for.

Seriously, not out of sympathy or what, I think they are good! You'll get what I mean, when you see the price labelled at each item below later. You'll be so shocked with the amount of food that you'll be getting. But I could tell where the cost-cutting went to: 2nd hand plates and chairs, tables, fridges were prominent, there's no fancy LCD screen tv or a very beautiful menu for you to browse through. Everything is just plain old fashion, and.. very homely. 



Mango Salad (generous amount - $4)
Kangkong $5

Tomyam Soup with fishball squids and prawn - $6

Super huge plate of pineapple rice - $4

4 Pcs of Chicken, $4.

Feast that Janice and I had, $26.
So after that huge feast, I made a trip over to Sgoon Garden's udders for some ice-cream! Its always the choice between, Earl Grey, Awesomely Chocolate or Mao Shan Wang. Either one can keep me going back for more! (:


I have a small post that I hope to share tonight for you guys, so stay tuned! (:

xx
VLV

No comments:

Post a Comment