Thursday 5 September 2013

Too Cool For School + My SKII Journey!

Juvena and I were both invited to the launch of the Too Cool For School located at Far East Plaza Level 2. 

Here are the photos of the day



















Our Extremely Tired looks




As you can see, the colours are rather pigmented! And very glittery.





Ok, I gotta admit. My eyes were really really really RED on that day, and it hurt so so so badly. Immediately after squeezing through the shopfront, I went to take my contacts out. Totally unbearable please. Could some expert please explain why my eyeballs are reacting in such a way? 

Coincidentally, Juvena and I were in really matching outfits. Like the Singapore flag! Hahah. 



About my SKII Journey
Yep, so recently, more so last month, SKII was constantly engaging people to give their pitera facial treatment essence a trial run by signing up through their facebook account and motivating people to take part in their skin analysis programme. 

And I have gotta try it, I mean, after reading so many mixed reviews about the product, having tried and really liked the product (for the miracle it brought about), I wanted to see where my skin had fared for my age. Ok, fine, I'm 24years old as of this year. 

So right after the event, and our dinner, I dragged Juvena along with me (not literally of course) to the nearest counter - Metro @ Paragon and was attended by their friendly beauty consultants. Felt a bit "paiseh" because it was half an hour to closing and the shutters have been placed. But they still put on their friendly smiles to attend to us.

What I had worn on my face on that day, was really light, no deliberate coverage on my scars/pimples (if any were visible).

So the whole programme started by keying your age, gender and whether you have make up on or not on, then they would place the machine/scanner beside your face to scan. (At this very moment, I was really scared, as I didn't want to know if my skin doesn't reflect my age - especially when it is older. It would be so freaky).


So after the entire course of scanning, I was told that I had the signs of every single women out there. Dryness at the corner of the eyes (wrinkles will develop faster), I have 30% odd of my melanin cells activated, which means that if I do not take care of these "scars" they will turn into future freckles or brown spots on my skin *gasp*. Apart from that, the overall average age was.......

*cues drumroll*

TWENTY-THREE!!! (ok, just my skin)

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I was so so so so so elated! Despite my journey of recovering from really bad breakouts during the month and changing my products rather occasionally, I am really really really glad that my skin is a strong survival! Because of my previous post, I really wanted to commit into using SKII products full fledge, but knowing myself that well, I took the Pitera Essence Set instead of getting the full size bottle, because I know I'll never finish using it despite what goodness it brings (its just a habit!). 


Retailing at $99

The Beauty Consultant said that this would last me for a month, if I were to use it religiously. But my take is that.. it would probably last me more than 1 month! Haha.

So here's a big cheers to a youthful looking skin! (:

xoxo
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment