Saturday 31 August 2013

[Travelogue] Amazing Australia v2 - Melbourne

Hello everyone!

Finally I'm here to blog about the trip that I have been talking about. If you followed me on instagram @vanitylavie , you would have noticed that I was away from our tiny sunny island from the 19th - 26th of May 2013.

Just had to make full use that the 24th was a public holiday, so that would equate to me in taking less leave(s) and saving more for the future trips down this year.

I hope this travelogue can serve as a guide to people who are travelling to Melbourne for the very first time. I wouldn't say that I have covered the entire city - obviously not in that short amount of time, and I wasn't feeling very well to begin with. Was down with flu, cough, sore throat and fever (4 in 1) the day before my flight took off, and I was so worried about being sick and suffering on the plane alone.


Then again, I love travelling alone. Speaking of which, I have been reading several articles about people travelling alone, and I must say, its a pretty popular sport. And I'm sure glad to have experienced it! (:

So here goes! 

WARNING: IMAGE HEAVY POST

THE FIRST 3 THINGS TO DO IN MELBOURNE

1. Take on the Phillip Island Tour
(apparently, no photos were allowed, but the tour brought us to several places) 

Being an animal lover, how can I ever miss this tour with the opportunity to witness so many freaking animals. Ok, I am exaggerating, cause if I were to count, it isn't a lot. But what the heck.

I took on the tour with wildlifetours, and the tour was going at AUD95 through tripadeal.au . Thank god for such online deals website, it did help me save up a lot. Especially when we took up the second tour to the Great Ocean Road, there was a $50 Off per voucher we bought! 


Pick-Up Location Flinders Station

Brighton Beach

 






THE BEST EXPERIENCE IN MY LIFE!!!

MY BFF OF THE DAY! EEYORREE
 


CHOCOLATEEEEEEEEEEEEEE




THE NOBBIES ISLAND

WITH RAYSON (:


2. Spanish Doughnuts on Flinders
2/295 Flinders St  Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia



This is probably one of the best-est churros in my honest opinion. The churros are well fried and they don't taste soggy on the inside like most places. It beats all the churros that I could find (including San Churros) and the one at the Queen Victoria Market!




The three of us ordered the Cone Size of the Churros and I think there were quite a lot of pieces that came along with it. Maybe 12 sticks? We were given 3 different dips, Dark Chocolate, Milk Chocolate and White Chocolate. It was HEAVEN in my mouth! But if you're visiting during the winter, I suggest that you gobble down the chocolate ASAP, because, the weather condition kinda will make the chocolate harden, making it slightly difficult to dip.

But for a non-oily, super tasty, Churro, nothing else matters!

3. Manchester Press
8 Rankins Ln  Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia


If you haven't died from eating smoked salmon, Manchester Press is the place to be! Ever since I've been back home, I have been craving for it like mad already. Tried to settle for brunches that serves smoked salmon, but the generosity can never compare to Manchester Press !

The well dressed bagel and salad on the sides was just magnificant. But it could be because I haven't had really good brunches in Singapore, thus this statement. Try it and let me know! (: 

-------------------------------------------

4. Great Ocean Road || Twelve Apostles Tour
Alternatively... If you are a fan of scenary, then I would advise you to take on the Great Ocean Road. Please please please if you're not used to ultimate bumpy roads or roads with a lot of winding, kindly skip this tour. For me it was rather torturous. Mood-Killer to the Twelve Apostles. 




















5. Take on the Visitor Shuttle! 
Probably the best option for any tourists who visits Australia. It is extremely costly to take their taxi and I was really glad that the government did foresee this as a problem for tourists who are intereted to "splurge" at other parts of the city. For me, the nearest pick up was at Flinders Station. (I was on little collins street)
 



Ok!

This is all for now.... I will blog more detailedly when I have my thumbdrive that stores all the magnificant photos captured with the Samsung S4.

Overall, it was a fantastic trip. My complexion during the cold weather (apart from occasional peeling) was perfect. All my foundation, primer, eyeshadow, liquid liner, mascara stayed on the whole day without touching up. No blotchy makeup skin after a really long day. 



PERFECT SKIN DAILY. 

Sigh, looking at it today, reminds me of the weather, the way how people are just mannered and clean, and yes, those irritating seagulls (pigeons in Singapore). Can't wait to get my butt back in Australia next year! Hee!

I hope everyone had a great August!

If you got a question, just leave a comment! (:


xoxo
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment