Thursday 19 January 2012

Uncle Leong's Seafood!

Good Morning Everyone!

Yes! The long awaited Lunar New Year is finally coming soon! But... maybe its a little toooooo soon. Anyways, today, I'm going to introduce you to a place where you can find delicious crab! And trust me, you'll not regret it.

You're right! As the title of this blog post - UNCLE LEONG'S SEAFOOD!

Alright, so I went on two separate occasion.
 
XO Spare Ribs - $15
The XO Spare Ribs are a must try. I remember reading a review somewhere that said that it was damn good. And I must agree with it! The sticky texture coating the spare ribs was sweet yet a little bitter (probably came from the XO). But afraid not, kids can enjoy this delicious meal as when alcohol is being heated to a certain period, the thing that makes us drunk goes together with the hot air. (:

I rate it a 4.5/5!
Chilli Crab - $36
If you like sambal kangkong, you'll love this Chilli Crab. Unlike the Chilli crab at House of Seafood, this is a lot more different. I mean, you can't escape from the succulent favour from the crab. But the sauce, somehow rather tasted like sambal kangkong's in gravy style. So.. its your take. To me, I was ok with it, because the crab meat complimented the entire dish.

I rate this a 3.5/5


Fried Tofu - $8/10

Like every other acclaimed homemade fried tofu, they all taste the same to me. I think its the sauce that's oustanding and what sets the other restaurants different. It had a little tangy, yet sweet taste to it. Making you forget about the fact that it was deep fried. Taking away the oiliness.

I rate this a 3/5

3 egg Spinach. (Salted, Normal Egg, Century Egg) - $10/12
I love vegetables if you were to ask me. It is as if its mandatory to have vegetable in every dish of mine.  This is a classic 三蛋菜汤 that can be easily found in many tze char store. It came across as a little to starchy. But other than that, the rest of the meal was just pleasantly delicious. (:

I rate it a 3/5

This was on another impromptu session that my bf and I went to.

While waiting for our food to arrive

Hungry Hungry!

Crab Beehoon - $46
The Crab Beehoon is one of the signature dish of Uncle's Leong. We decided to give it a try. It being our first time eating Crab Beehoon, I was kinda taken aback by the taste of it. If you were to ask me if I'll order it again, I'll say no! I prefer the traditional way of eating with Chilli/Black Pepper or just steamed.

Anyways, the soup came across as tooooooooo milky for me, the beehoon was nice and the soup was infused with the sweetness of the crab meat. So with every spoonful, you can taste the sweetness (and milkiness). The crab meat, as usual never disappoint me! Absolutely succulent and tasty.

I rate it a 3.5/5
Abalone Mushroom with Bo Chai - $12
We decided to try the Abalone Mushroom with Spinach? It was a little salty for me. And if you look closely, you can see how STARCHY this whole dish is. No doubt the mushroom texture was smooth and easy to chew on. But the Starch and Salt (Double S) is just a little too disappointing.

I rate this a 3/5
Gold Coast Prawn - $20
Lastly, we decided to add another dish to our dinner. We had the Gold Coast Prawn. THIS, is a must try. The texture of the prawn is crispy on the outside, and soft in the insides. Its coated with this milky-curry-leaves-sweetness taste and melts in your mouth!

A little disappointment though, despite the prawns being HUGE, the shells were so hard! Maybe its me. I think that they should have used smaller prawns with thinner shell so that customers can  enjoy the meal even with the shell on. Its like those prawn that you go prawning and fish kind! So I had quite a lot of "wait, need to take shell out from mouth" ugly moments.

I rate it a 3.5/5

So that sums it all up! My day at Uncle Leong Seafood.

Check out their Website for more of their CNY Festive Menu! (:

Punggol Branch
6 Tebing Lane, #01-03, Punggol East,
Singapore 828835 · Tel: 6441 1848
Mon - Sun: 7pm to 12mn

No comments:

Post a Comment