Monday 30 April 2012

[Food Review] The Connoisseur Concerto & House of Seafood

A date for two please

The day started off with us getting our back massages and masks done at Immanuel Beauty & Wellness, It was a package that I bought off a deal website. It wasn't a good back massage, I wished there was more massage than the mask that left us there sleeping.

IMHO, I feel that, these online deals are usually phrased so well, and often mislead the purchaser/consumer that they will be receiving the actual service, but when they visit the place/location offering the product/service (service especially) is always different from what is presented. Just like the "spa" that I experience. But of course, I only paid a fraction of the actual price. Still prefer my massages at Ucara @ Novena Square 2 <-- You guys should really try!

So as the boyfriend is flying off (already taken off last night) to thailand for another round of training the cadets/future officers, we went over to far east plaza to exchange the currencies. And I was telling him, that since he has very very very ugly toe nails, why not treat him to a pedicure session. And poof, we were there. It was his first time visiting a nail parlour and I'm glad he enjoyed it.
While I'm typing this, it reminded me of something, people, if you're living in the east, please visit Nails Nirvana @ Tampines Interchange. They offer really good services for classic manicure and pedicure, at a rate of $50. I really liked their service, not pushy and very funny manicurist!

The Connoisseur Concerto (24-Hours) @ International Building

Some coffee cheesecake w chocolate iscream.
what the monster had

Chocolate Mint Frappe

House of Seafood @ 63 Yio Chu Kang Road

If you can buy keropok from elsewhere, please do. Otherwise this would cost you $2.
Hongkong Kai Lan in Sambal Sauce (my favourite)
Chef's Speciality Home Made Tofu with special sauce
The $20 crab - Black Pepper
Overall, the dinner was excellent! The portion was just nice for the two of us. We weren't filled to our brim like before, but just nice! When House of Seafood first opened its branch at 180 Yio Chu Kang road, I visited it quite often (I'M A HUGE FAN OF CRABS). I used to really love Chilli Crab, but I realise I can't find any that tasted as good as No Signboard @ Geylang (or I prefer to call Bo Zhao Pai) long ago. The chilli crabs these days just taste so.. non-delicious. So I switched to Black Pepper Crab after the introduction from Jumbo long ago. 

I must say that the dishes served by House of Seafood is way beyond excellent. They are of great taste and flavour - strong flavours. They go so well with a bowl of plain rice you can have 1, 2 or even 3 bowls of rice and a lot of man tou (mini fried buns). I super love please! 

The best part is that there is no service charge nor GST charged to the patrons, and their service are really up to standard of high-class restaurants. If you're thinking of heading there, please remember to make reservations during the peak hour! 

I realised I have more food reviews that beauty reviews!

xx
andrea


No comments:

Post a Comment