Friday 27 April 2012

Are you Plastic?

As the economy grows stronger, people are starting to have the ability to afford such luxury. The world is a constant shift. People growing to find ways to attain perfection in their own way. Some may like to be a little taller, have their eyes made bigger, or have their boobs reduce in size.

Like everyone, I think plastic surgery is just fine. As long as you don't over do it. 


I think it is crucial that everyone knows that this process, it is not just a "beautiful" life changing experience. When I say life changing, it can be challenging as well.


EYEBAGS: Like in Singapore, or if you're Asians, and someone who has been suffering with eyebags and dark circles for the longest time in your life, and you feel that this change will be great for yourself, then I would say go ahead with no fear. But before looking like everyone else, think about this Taiwanese guy - Show Luo, whose eye bags are almost as bad as it can get, and nope, he isn't getting any plastic surgery. 

EYEBAGS - but still handsome!
LIFT, FILL, PUMP: Then we talk about the face lifts, fills and pump that are available at most of the world right now. Regardless of whether one is really going under the knife or the needle to fill in your cheeks and pump your lips. This is not such a big procedure as compared to the one below that I'm about to reveal...



The Barbie Doll Dream: Brigitte Bardot was often related to as the Barbie Doll figure thanks to her 20inches waist and enormous boobs and hips. Look. (She's really very pretty ah).. and then there was this other two ladies, who wanted to really look like Barbie Doll in real life... 



55-year-old Cindy Jackson, the current Guinness Book of World Records holder for having received the most (52) plastic surgery procedures till 2011.


And this is how magic works - in the hands of others
After which, another former model Sarah Burge issued half million pounds to transform herself into a living Barbie doll. Broke the world record previously hold by Cindy Jackson, who also wanted to be like the famous doll.


and now, you may not have heard of her, but this lady below (blonde) is Heidi Montag (the Hills) who went through a total of 10 plastic surgeries in one session.That is an obsession, or maybe a way to get it all over and done with, under one time issue of General Anesthesia. I mean you should probably know the side effects of General Anesthesia isn't it.I think she looks just fine before any surgery.


But it was later reported that her boobs were just way too big, that its causing her super back problems.I mean who wouldn't with those big boobs hanging. Wah lao. I think even finding a bikini is a problem!


Then we have the supermodel, Janice Dickinson who went from this...


A more familiar face.. Cher
The amount of pills (anti inflammatory biotics blah blah) you may have to swallow each day, after meal, before meal, during meal...


and I mean, think about the..... cleaning of wounds, doing daily activities, the... amount which you have to pay for...

But here's my take on plastic surgery.

To me, beauty is truly each to their own. From maybe when I was around 15, I had the thought about placing braces, the dentist did advised and asked if I wanted to do a face reconstruction. Not a major one, but just one that would help to shift my jaw line backwards. Till date, I still have the picture/image in my brain how the surgery would look. See picture below.  The yellow parts were the bones that were needed to be "trimmed" and then they would shift the entire jaw backwards again. Well, they said that this change will allow me to bite better. I was always contemplating about this surgery. I have been criticised, as looking like a horse face, being laughed at, mocked at, those were my secondary school memories where words are just like daggers that shoot across the room. One huge issue that put me back was because I had no money to explore, and of course, no guts. I rejected and just went along with placing braces which would resolve the biting issue as well.

Then when I grew out of secondary school, went over to polytechnic, then I realised how childish those years were, trying to put people down because of their looks. It is, ironically. I realised, I wasn't the only one who had this problem, and mine wasn't as serious and ridiculous as it is. I decided to grow out of this side of myself and become a prettier me by exploring options of having the illusion of a shorter face, so I started exploring. Exploring - cutting bangs, perming my hair for more volume, raising my brows higher, blusher are straight instead of upwards, contouring etc etc. All these with no plastic surgery. 

It may sound like bullshit to you, but it is true. You won't know unless you have tried it, and people even compliment you of looking way better than before. That's when you know, the change is for better, for yourself. It did give me a lot more confidence, its like my self-esteem got built up thanks to those idiots who criticised me when I was much younger (I hope you feel remorseful on your doings now). You idiots are the one who motivated me to become who I am today. And I am thankful to those who stuck through my weakest period in life.

Today, when you ask me, if I would consider the option of the jaw surgery. I still hold second thoughts to it, because it is what is unique about me, it is what I am, what I was given by nature. Though I can make my face shorter with the surgery, but what if it sets me alike, like everyone else? It is the exact same feeling when I suddenly feel like I shouldn't have went for braces, cause now my teeth just look like everyone's else - completely straight. 

Sometimes, I think it is good to leave some uniqueness of ourselves physically (please ah, still keep yourself within the healthy weight limit). But with that said, I don't discourage plastic surgery, neither do I encourage. If I were given a chance for just ONE plastic surgery, I'll just want to make my double eye lids even. That is all. I wouldn't consider a boob lift, implantation, tummy tuck, liposuction, facelift or what. Maybe botox is what I'll do next when I grow older. But this is just all I would want now, and probably the next 4 -5 years - Double Eye Lid Surgery. 

And if you're reading this post, having thoughts about plastic surgery, I hope you discuss with your friends and family. With this changing world, no one is going to be shocked about your plastic surgery, that if you share with them, you may, in return, get great advices from them. 

With love,
andrea




No comments:

Post a Comment