Tuesday 5 April 2016

2015 Reflections (better late than never)

Goodness.

Let's do a tiny reflection post on 2015.

1. Bucket List
I finally had the experience to be up close and personal with a real tiger. Yup. No fear. I got to cuddle a tiger cub by rubbing its belly like how a dog (ironic I know) would love it! And held the tails and stood behind and beside a medium size tiger, who probably when he stood up, will be taller than me.

2. Holiday Places
I managed to travel to - Phuket (by cruise), Bangkok (Mar), Melbourne (July), Bintan (Nov). Well, that took a lot of money off my pocket too!

3. I am engaged
Haha, I don't know why, but this should have been at the top of the list right? Unfortunately, I am engaged with the boyfriend of mine who managed to "surprise" me on the day of my birthday and the night that we flew to Melbourne.

4. My Dog went for surgery
This was probably one of the most painful memories I have had in year 2015. Long story short, my older shih tzu (Ah Pui) had stones found in his kidneys that were causing him to pee with faint traces of blood. Worried, I took him to the doctor and the trip concluded that he needed to have the stones removed, castrated (cause they found a growth in his testicles) and teeth cleaning and removal of the bumps growth on his paws. Well that's a lot to take in. It was the first time I saw my happy-go-lucky super bo-chup dog feel sad and in pain. Never thought I would feel that way. Apart from having my heart ache, my wallet aches equally too. Joining the veterinary profession previously is never a regret.

5. Friendship
I have come to a state of realisation that you don't need to have a battalion of friends. You only need that few friends who you can call and those who you will risk it all to be there for them. Its a growing up thing I guess.

6. Work-related
I'm a buddhist. So I go to the temple to pray for a lot for my career during every lunar new year. In 2015, the lot reflected that no matter how much effort I have contributed, it will be fruitless. Believe it or not, it was true. I do not wish to talk about my work on social media. There should be things that should be kept private. But... yep. I'm starting to realise that I can do a lot more and what I am better at. I'm definitely not good in the tiny details but planning wise - no problem. It runs through my head like *snap*.

7. TV SHOWS
Haha, not really a reflection but I have to say, I started on watching Game of Thrones and it is FANTASTIC! I am also watching - The Flash, Supergirl, Big Bang Theory, Mom, 2 Broke Girls, Telenovela, Modern Family, Young & Hungry. Those are my main entertainment in life. They make me happy from days I feel like shit at work especially.

I guess that's pretty much sums up the main portions of 2015. Can't really remember what are the other moments that I should be taking note of, but those are probably the more memorable ones. I mean, I do have a goldfish memory system going on.

Let's see how 2016 would work for me

No comments:

Post a Comment