Wednesday 13 March 2013

[Food Review] Dean & Deluca Singapore

*stretches fingers* It has been a really long time since I last blog about food. That isn't because I haven't been eating, in fact, my face has grown so much fatter as compared to the past year. Sigh. That aside, I think I have been eating too much good food, till I always forget to write about it. I have chunks of them in my phone, but just toooooo lazy to blog about it. If you want to know.. you can always follow me on Instagram @vanitylavie ! (:


Food Review @ Dean & Deluca 
Orchard Central, #04-23/24
Contact: 6509 7708
Mon - Fri: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Sat - Sun: 10:00 am - 10:00 pm
 

Triple Mushroom Soup
$10.00 
That's right. Its TRIPLE mushroom soup. Nothing can ever go wrong about mushroom can it? What is even better is that it is a combination of 3 types of mushroom - I only remembered that it had Portebello Mushroom + 2 other mushrooms which I forgot about (Whoops). But to top it all off, it was served with this fragrant truffle oil. 

The texture of the soup wasn't even close to watery or starchy. You can still taste the lil bits of chunks of the mushroom. No chewing involved, Good enough to swallow! It was close to perfection. (In fact, the best mushroom soup I had was from Bakerzin @ Vivocity - surprising uh!). 

The only downside to the soup was that, I felt that the soup was served warm. So by the time I finished taking photo, it turned cold, and the bread that accompanied it was so full of herbs flavour and sesame seeds I believe, but after the photo taking again, turned a lil stale. That was really sad.

Berries and Flapjacks
$18.00

If you remembered the movie "Despicable Me" where one of the character (Agnes) while winning a Unicorn (see below)
 
When I had a taste of the pancakes, I really wanted to say "ITS SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE" *burst out in laughter* 

Living up to its fame. This plate of happiness was filled with berries - Strawberries, Blueberries and Raspberries. I even asked for extra maple syrup to rid the sourness + add on to the sweetness of the berries. Boy, you don't know how much I love my berries (ok except the blue one)

The pancakes, when eaten separately without any of the cream or maple syrup, was a good fluff, it was buttery but not overpowering, it was soft enough for me (was having a really bad sore throat that day). But then again, I bet because all the food were served at the same time, and Keong & I were sharing it, we kinda had it at the last part, so it turned cold. Sigh.

Prawn, Avocado and Mango Salad
$22.50/whole, $11.25/half portion  


While selecting our salad, one of the chef probably guessed that we were new to the menu, so he started to introduce to us what are their specialities. And we were both told that the Prawn Avocado & Mango Salad is their best seller of all times (though he recommended his favourite Black Pepper crusted semi-pan seared tuna to us, which we didn't order (but I'll try it the next time). 

The freshness and the tangy-ness from the Mango gave the entire salad a great punch. Not sure what they used for the dressing, but I'm guessing Orange Juice &  Lime Juice or Lemon toppled up with lots of Olive Oil. Or it could be Balsamic. But then again, didn't really tasted like balsamic. I don't remember. I swear I will take photos of the menu the next time I'm there. Sorry guys!

The prawn was served in huge chunky bits (WHICH I LOVED). It was fresh and springy too! Ok, to me, no salad is complete without Wild Rockets. And YES! they have it in their salad (+++ points for them!)

Overall, my experience at the cafe was a pretty good one. I would have to commend on the attentiveness of one of the female cashier (short hair) who overheard me saying that I would want extra maple syrup. She really took note of it. Very sweet! *likes*. But apart from that I would really love my food to be piping hot when it is being served. Usually, though I would take photos of food, it wouldn't cause the food to turn cold that badly. I didn't take 5 minutes to snap the photographs. So that was really the minus points to the entire dinner I was having. Also, I do understand that you need to pick up your own utensils and etc, but since the cafe was so quiet, I was expecting that the waiters on duty could assist on that and make the entire experience better, like offering a hot water top up to our almost finished tea. I would really love to try the all day breakfast one day, but... guess I'd prefer to drop by during weekday, as the place can get a tad bit too crowded on weekends.

Now you don't have to be in New York to be experiencing the flavours of their specialities! 
Afterall, Singapore is truly the hub of all good food! (:

Cheers!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment