Tuesday 19 March 2013

[Travelogue] Food Finds @ Johor Bahru

Chef Wah Restaurant
2, Jalan Bestari 2/2, 
Taman Nusa Bestari,  Skudai.
Tel: +60 7-232 7895  || FACEBOOK
 
Follow me on Instagram @vanitylavie

Double-boiled soup with fish maw and dried seafood conpoy
Firstly, I'm not a fan of Fish maw. ya ya ya. Not so smart in eating such delicacies (abalone & oysters included). But I have to say the stock for the soup was truly delish! Love how they always throw dried conpoy in. My favourite! Tasty and not salty at all. 
 
Duck meat with Fried Yam Coating with Sweet & Sour Sauce by the side
Ok, I don't really know the name of the dish, but that was exactly what was inside what I had. Not a huge fan of Yam again, but this was bearable. The duck meat within was soft and tender, full of flavour. But I would definitely recommend to dip the sauce to rid the oiliness.

Photo Credits to:  http://haveyoursayuk.blogspot.com/
Chicken in a Golden Nest
Famous for this dish. I could kinda taste what it was made of exactly. Especially the Chicken in the Golden Nest. I could taste sharp tastes of Marmite and XO sauce beautifully mixed to perfection. The chicken within the nest were nicely stir-fry, meat was fresh and tender. Surrounding the "chicken nest" were pieces of fried mince chicken that were flatten and fried with a chicken coating thing I believe. That tasted H-E-A-V-E-N-L-Y.

Ee-Fu Noodles I know, its my "I NEED TO PUT FOOD IN MY MOUTH NOW" habit again. I totally forgot about snapping a photo of it. SIGH. But points aside. I love the take on how the chef did the Ee-fu noodles. I have to exclaim my love for Ee-Fu noodles ok! Its damn blardi good of a noodle form. They did is in the Hokkien Mee style the dark black mee kinda style which was really surprisingly a lot nicer!

Wasabi + Thai Prawns
The wasabi was a little bit over-powering for me. Though I do love my wasabi quite abit. The tangy mango thai prawns were a lot more appetising in comparison though!. So I would say, give that a go instead of the wasabi. (Peach Restaurant @ OCBC was the best I ever had)

COST:
I'm sorry, I don't have the individual prices for it. But the entire bill cost us a good RM$180. That amounted to about SGD$80++ for 4 pax! (: But for the amount of food we were paying for. I am very sure it was a knock-off price!


The short road trip across the border last friday made me see our friendly neighbour in another light - Literally!

BOSS later showed us around, and we had LOKLOK too (my recent favourite - fried abalone mushroom) and showed me one of the clubs there called Library then... brought us to Horizon Hills that has like a freaking golf course near the residence area...


CLICK TO READ

As well as this upcoming place near the Hello Kitty Land called Teega @ Puteri Harbour. It is a look-alike of our Keppel Bay (where Prive is located) I would really love to take a photo of that place, but it was like 11pm already, so... kinda pointless.

Magnificent isn't it?

All the houses so pretty. Maybe with the rising cost of HDB flats, we should all consider shifting over to JB. Afterall, exchange rate is better, car is cheaper, house is also cheaper. Our currently priced five room flat BTO of about 109sqm can fetch a good semi-detached there of up to 2000sqm.  Good point?

Still BIG THANKS to zee boss for showing us around! More roadtrips to come along boss! LOKLOK TOO! 

xx
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment