Friday 24 February 2012

Blackberry Bold 9790 Photo Contest

From my Tweets and Facebook, it is rather apparent that I have made a decision to join the Blackberry Bold 9790 Photo Contest.

the question was simple, in at least 50 words, describe your first love.

I was having quite a few thoughts, I could stick to my I LOVE BLACKBERRY 9780 or how I love my boyfriend. But I decided to do this post for the one love in my life, who has never, NEVER turned his back away from me when I needed him the most.

Here's what I wrote. (a total of 450 words)

my little warrior

My first (dog) love. "I can never have imagined what life would have been without you. The day you walked through my doors, I knew my life would be changed instantly. I missed you my love." For my beloved dog - Gogo
I can always recall the day you came; I was only 10 then, trying to figure out what life had planned for me. It was never easy being young, being bullied and being named at school but I know, everything would be different when I reach home.You were always there, at home waiting for me. I always hear you bark, as I reach upon the door front, greeting me with your soft paws and doing the “gong xi gong xi” action that our family loved so much.
You’ve been through so much with me, through my awful days at school, relationship breakups and family disputes. Talking and complaining to you about how I felt about life. From your eyes, I knew you understood; its like you always knew. No one could take away that from me. But god did. 
I always wished that you would have lived just a little longer, so that you could accompany me through my life, but I knew I was selfish - asking too much. When I found out that you were diagnosed with terminal Cancer, it was like a part of me was gone. Do you remember the day that we were together at the consult room, hearing those results? My heart tore. It was a good 15years my boy. 

As days past, your body grew weaker as the drugs grew stronger. You fought well; you were so courageous battling with the demons. A year later, it was time. It felt different that day when I left the house, and it was like I knew you were going to be gone soon. No doubt, my instincts were right, You left, without me around, 

1.5 years gone and I still can’t figure out, why you left without my presence. They say that dogs usually move on alone, in a corner, because they don’t want their owners to worry or feel sad upon their departure. And I guess, you did the same as well. 

But my dear boy, did you know that on some days, I had deliberately made my footsteps sounded louder so that I could hear you bark for one last time? You are more than a memory my dear. You have been a part of our family, something that wouldn’t be easily forgotten. 

 I have so much to say to you. I'm sorry my love. But I've missed you and you’re my greatest love of all. I’ll never forget you. My first and only truest love. Rest In Peace.

Gogo. Age 15, In memory August 2010
You can continue reading a separate entry that I wrote for my dog when he passed away over HERE. I was tearing up as I wrote the entry to submit at BlackBerry. He was a part of many of my life. 

Anyways, I hope that I can win or at least get selected with my entry. All love are bittersweet, and not everyone's first love would last. So please VOTE FOR ME


Voting period will commence in 28 Feb - 9 March

xx
VLV

No comments:

Post a Comment