Tuesday 28 August 2012

[Movie Review] ParaNorman Preview Screening

Paranorman - 4/5 popcorns


Thanks to omy.sg, I got the invites to catch this show that I was waiting for quite a little while. I guess I am a real movie junkie afterall. Especially cartoons or animated movies. 

Before they played the movie, a short clip was shown to explain how these characters were built in the process of making this movie epic! The production team made over thousands of faces to express the expressions of each character  - #weirdwin. Incredible work I must say, and if you have caught the show Coraline previously, you will probably have a tiny taste of what it is like to watch this is 3D. 




I won't want to be a movie poo-per, but there were these few scenes that I could remember...

Norman's Uncle: "I want you to swear!"
Norman:  " Like the F word? " *innocent voice*
Norman's Uncle: "No, I want you to promise me"

Its a great movie, for both adults and their young. I think these days, movie producer are inputing comedic effects which kids would not have any idea or have yet to have the ability to grasp the "joke" or sarcasm behind the directed lines, while parents or even adults like myself would laugh at and understand what the intended line was for! So that keeps us away from feeling bored or that feel "distanced" from the storyline.

Overall, I feel that the graphics of the movie, if wasn't explained how the puppets were being created, I wouldn't have felt that it was a WOW production, but I have to say, the storyline, the built-up, the comedic inputs in between definitely created a "lighter-blue" Monday for all of us. I need to admit that I got shocked at one part of the movie when the rat ran down the stairs at his uncle's home. Apart from that, watching this show on the 7th Lunar Month was pretty light hearted, so no worries if you're afraid your kids are going to have nightmares (:



I believe the moral of the story was along the line of bullying issues and staying true to who we are and not change just because of someone or somethings that sees us different. 


Paranorman starts screening on 30th August 2012 (Thursday)

Now, here's some tips if you want to book for your entire family on a weekend, and it can get a little pricey, and you're running out of time. Follow these simple steps. (:

1) Go to insing.com
2) Click Movies
3) Select the movie, followed by the show times under Golden Village & watch out for the magic ($$)

Hurry go book today before the tickets run out! 

Hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I did (:

xx
Andrea


No comments:

Post a Comment